Monday, December 13, 2010

Think Washington Needs More Money?

Instead of fighting for higher taxes, those on the far-left, or anyone else who feels generous and wants to give the government more money to spend should simply mail a check or money order payable to "The United States Treasury" to:

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782

The government made it possible to give them extra money in 1843 so that individuals could "express their patriotism to the United States," through monetary giving. With a substantial deficit, the government is more than happy to cash your check or money order. According to the Treasury Department, the money given is "for general use by the federal government," can "be available for budget needs," and is considered "an unconditional gift to the government."

Personally, I agree with the comments made on 60 Minutes by future Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-OH) that Washington doesn't have a revenue problem, but instead has a spending problem. I'll use my money as I see fit, spending it at American businesses that create American jobs instead of wasting it away like the federal government often does. But, for those of you that think the government can do a better job spending your money than you can, put your check in the mail. In fact, if you think the government urgently needs money, send it via Express Mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment